Fresh lemon makes these lemon cream cheese bars really stand out. Flaky Pillsbury crescent rolls, cream cheese and fresh lemon covers all bases – sweet, tangy, flaky and creamy. This is a keeper recipe.
- cooking spray
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough (such as Pillsbury® Recipe Creations®), divided
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, soften
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Press 1 can crescent roll dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, stretching to the edges.
- Mix the zest of 1 1/2 lemons and juice from 2 lemons together in a bowl.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar into lemon zest mixture using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; spread over crescent roll dough layer.
- Unroll the second can of crescent roll dough and layer over cream cheese mixture, gently stretching dough to the edges. Brush melted butter over crescent roll dough layer.
- Mix remaining lemon zest and 3 tablespoons sugar together in a bowl; sprinkle over butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Lift dessert from baking dish using foil; transfer to a cutting board.
- Cut into squares, leaving on foil.
- Return dessert to the baking dish and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Source: All Recipes