Peanut Butter Bars – an all-time favorite around my house. Chocolate and peanut butter is sooo good together! This is an easy recipe to put together and the payoff is huge.
Having forethought is the hardest part of making these Peanut Butter Bars because you have to chill them for an hour before serving.
A few minutes work and look at what you get!
Here is the recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (use the boxed kind, or grind them in a food processor. Tiny granules.)
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup + 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended.
- Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan.
- In a metal bowl over simmering water, or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Spread over the peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares. Sauce: