You might think that a triple layer chocolate dessert is too much, but can you really have too much chocolate?I think any chocoholic would tend to agree that there is never too much chocolate, only not enough of it.
To start off is the crust that is made from crushed Oreo’s, then the creamy chocolate cheesecake filling, then comes the decadent chocolate ganache poured over the top, and then topped off with chocolate curls. This is just saying winner to me all over.
If this image doesn’t get to you, you must not LOVE chocolate! This cheesecake is as indulgent as it looks. I find that it is best to serve smaller pieces because of how rich it is.
For the Crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies-finely crushed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter-melted
For Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 lbs. cream cheese- room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 eggs- room temperature
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate-chopped
For Chocolate Topping:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate-finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- Finely crush the cookies in a food processor, add melted butter and blend until it’s all moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool while making the filling.
To make the filling:
- Melt 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth, mix in cocoa powder
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed and do not overbeat it.
- Add melted chocolate and mix on low speed to combine.
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake the cheesecake until the center is set and the top looks dry (about 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes).
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then run a thin knife around the sides of the pan and set the cake in the refrigerator (uncovered), for at least 8 hours, or better overnight.
To make the topping:
- In a medium saucepan stir together cream, chocolate and sugar on low heat until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Cool and pour over the cheesecake.
- When the topping is set and cooled again run a thin knife around the sides and remove the springform pan sides.
- This cheesecake can be prepared up to 2-3 days in advance just store covered in the refrigerator.
Garnish with chocolate curls (optional).
Source: Chocolicious Delights