Carrot Cake has been around forever. This is an easy carrot cake recipe. Make it as simple or as fancy as you want. Some like to create layers and ice between the layers. That can easily be done with this recipe, but it is not necessary.
I like the works in my carrot cake so I put nuts and raisins in mine. It is a texture thing. If you prefer a smoother texture, leave out the nuts and raisins.
Here is the recipe!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups oil
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts) optional
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare two 9” pans or one 12” cake pan or one 9”x 13” sheet pan by lining with parchment or wax paper.
- Mix together in a bowl together flour,baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a bigger bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, sugars, and vanilla for about minute or so.
- Add the y ingredients to the wet mixture and mix for about 2 minutes more.
- Add the grated carrots. Then add nuts and raisins if desired.
- Pour batter in prepared cake pans and bake for approx. 45 to 50 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a skewer, it should be dry when taken out. Cool then fill and frost with cream cheese frosting. Garnish with more nuts.
- To make the cream cheese frosting: a bowl beat together cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add in icing sugar and beat for a minute. Add vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for another minute.
Source: Chow Hound