Starbucks is always a treat. Going into Starbucks to get a latte always leads to something more. In my case, that would be a piece of Lemon Loaf Cake. Starbucks Lemon Loaf Cake is super lemony and moist. It really complements a good cup of coffee or tea.
I found this copycat recipe for Starbucks Lemon Cake, made it and I’m sharing it because it is awesome!
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 small package jello instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 loaf pan
For the Lemon Glaze:
- 2 lemons zested and juice or 4 tbsp. lemon juice + 1 tbsp. zest
- 3 1/2 cups of powdered confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixer bowl, add lemon cake mix and instant lemon pudding mix add zest from two lemons to mix and mix for about 30 seconds.
- Add lemon juice, melted butter, vanilla, milk and eggs.
- Place mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool for about 5 minutes, coat lightly with lemon glaze.
- Allow cake to cool completely then coat with remaining lemon glaze.
To Prepare Lemon Glaze:
To prepare the lemon glaze, mix lemon juice, zest and powdered sugar, whisk until smooth.
Source: Creole Contessa